LexBlog United States
- Publication date:
- Marler Clark LLP, PS (8066)
- Fox Rothschild LLP (7247)
- Reed Smith LLP (7181)
- LexBlog (6284)
- Norton Rose Fulbright (5657)
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP (4889)
- Merlin Law Group, P.A. (4418)
- Jackson Lewis P.C. (4414)
- Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP (4101)
- Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP (4036)
- Proskauer Rose LLP (3957)
- Stark & Stark (3908)
- Hogan Lovells (3879)
- Troutman Sanders LLP (3848)
- Covington & Burling LLP (3835)
- Squire Patton Boggs (3524)
- Ballard Spahr LLP (3398)
- McGuireWoods LLP (3282)
- Shipman & Goodwin LLP (3244)
- McDermott Will & Emery (3069)
- Baker & Hostetler LLP (2966)
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C. (2830)
- Greenberg Traurig, LLP (2716)
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP (2656)
- Husch Blackwell LLP (2548)
- Kevin LaCroix (2487)
- Stoel Rives LLP (2440)
- Francis G.X. Pileggi (2397)
- Robinson & Cole LLP (2393)
- Winthrop & Weinstine, P.A. (2379)
- Fletcher, Heald & Hildreth, PLC (2361)
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP (2357)
- Harris Bricken (2193)
- State Bar of Texas (2180)
- David Oxenford, Esq (2019)
- Crowell & Moring LLP (1921)
- Perkins Coie LLP (1902)
- Mayer Brown (1897)
- Farrell Fritz, P.C. (1814)
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP (1752)
- Walker & O'Neill, P.A. (1716)
- R. David Donoghue (1708)
- Cordell Parvin LLC (1705)
- 3 Geeks (1680)
- Kirk Hartley (1679)
- Keller Heckman (1623)
- Barry Barnett, Esq. (1597)
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP (1532)
- Philip W. Thomas Law Firm (1531)
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP (1478)
- Join Me for a Free Virtual Program on July 15 on LinkedIn and Personal Branding Best Practices
Please join me on Wednesday, July 15 at 1pm ET for a free virtual program on LinkedIn and personal branding best practices for business professionals who are currently looking for a job. You’ll learn how to rework your LinkedIn profile to appeal to recruiters, how to optimize LinkedIn for your job search, how to build...
- Colorado Insurance Companies Do Not Have a “Get Out of Jail Free Card” For Delayed and Underpayments Following Appraisal
Colorado protects its policyholders as well as any other jurisdiction in the United States.1 Most policyholder advocates are familiar with Colorado’s statutory bad faith claims that give policyholders a fighting chance against insurance carrier’s malfeasance. Whether it is incompetence or intentional, claim results are often unreasonable and policyholders are harmed with few remedies to make...
- Feel Like DOE is Having a Rebirth in Life Science Cases? You’re Not Alone
On June 15, 2020, the Supreme Court denied a petition for certiorari from the Federal Circuit’s 2019 Eli Lilly & Co. v. Hospira, Inc. opinion affirming infringement under the doctrine of equivalents (DOE). In doing so, the Supreme Court put to rest a more than decade-long dispute over attempts to market a generic version of...
- Joint Liability For Employers Contracting With Outside Companies For Workers
Effective January 1, 2015, Labor Code section 2810.3 expanded California employer’s liability beyond its own employees, and made certain employers jointly liable for wage and hour violations committed by “labor contractors,” such as staffing agencies. Here are five items California employers must understand about this joint employer liability: 1. Labor Code section 2810.3. Effective January...
- Free webinar on nanobubbles and produce safety set this week
The Produce Marketing Association is offering a free webinar to members and non-members titled, “Nanobubbles: New pop for improved produce safety.” The webinar is set for 4 p.m. EDT on July 16. The webinar will be moderated by PMA’s Trevor Suslow. Invited nanobubble experts will cover a lay-technical background on nanobubble generation, novel properties, and...
- Investing in Chinese Companies is Un-Luckin
In May 2019, Luckin Coffee began trading publicly on NASDAQ at $17 a share. The Chinese coffee company raised $561 million in its IPO and in less than a year, its stock value had tripled to $51 a share. Started in Beijing in 2017, but headquartered in Xiamen, this Chinese company established thousands of locations...
- Foreign Nationals Reach End of Permanent Residency Process, but See Green Card Processing Delays
The reported failure of USCIS to renew its contract with an outside vendor in June, because it planned to bring all printing of Green Cards in-house, may be the reason foreign nationals who have managed to make it through the arduous permanent residency process are not receiving their “Green Cards.” USCIS has wide-ranging budget issues...
- California Deputy AG Schesser on CCPA Enforcement and Alastair Mactaggart on the CPRA Ballot Initiative: Two Videos to Watch
Dominique Shelton Leipzig (Perkins Coie) moderated IAPP Keynote, “CCPA Enforcement: Enter the AG,” on July 9, 2020. The discussion featured Supervising Deputy Attorney General Stacey Schesser and Travis LeBlanc (Cooley) who shared their personal insights and views on the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and its enforcement. View the video here Key takeaways include: The...
- Supraspinatus Injuries And Illinois Workers Comp Law
One thing that happens from handling workers comp cases for 23 years is that you learn medical terms and injuries you had never heard of. Some you start to hear about once you learn they exist. I never thought of the ulnar nerve until I became a lawyer and now I hear about ulnar injuries...
- Will the NLRB GC’s “Suggested” Manual Election Protocols Matter?
On July 6, and after consulting with the Board’s Regional Directors (“RDs”) and other of the Agency’s internal stakeholders, the NLRB’s General Counsel (GC) issued Memorandum GC 20-10 offering suggested protocols for the RDs to follow as a way of returning to manual elections in light of the ongoing pandemic. Before COVID-19, the overwhelming majority...
- More About Nelson
- More About Duggan
- No Common Law Cause Of Action For Sexual Harassment
Medix Ambulance Serv., Inc. v. Superior Court, 97 Cal. App. 4th 109 (2002) Plaintiff alleged a claim for sexual harassment arising under the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) as well as a common law cause of action for sexual harassment in violation of public policy. The trial court ...
- Trial Court Improperly Certified Class Of Employees In Overtime Case
Sav-On Drug Stores, Inc. v. Superior Court, 97 Cal. App. 4th 1070, review granted by the Cal. Supreme Court (2002) Plaintiffs alleged that Sav-On wrongfully failed to pay overtime wages to class members consisting of current and former employees who were classified as operating managers and...
- Employer Not Liable For Employee’s Acts Of Sexual Misconduct
John Y., Jr. v. Chaparral Treatment Ctr., Inc., 101 Cal. App. 4th 565 (2002) A jury awarded John Y., a minor, over $2.7 million as a result of a counselor’s sexual molestation of him while he lived at a group residential facility for emotionally troubled youth. Although a significant portion of the ...
- Hotels with high-speed Internet
A recent issue of SearchDay points to a resource sure to prove useful to lawyers who travel frequently — the Geektels directory. A “geektel” is a hotel with high-speed Internet access. This directory lists more than 2,300 of them, in locations throughout the world. Browse by country and city to...
- New blawg highlights Internet tools
Few lawyers know more about the Internet than Jerry Lawson. His Internet Tools for Lawyers Web site has long been a premier resource for practical information about how lawyers can make the most effective use of the Internet. His book, The Complete Internet Handbook for Lawyers, published by the...
- Site helps find resident agents online
To serve process upon a company, you first must identify its resident agent — the entity it has designated as its representative in the state. Most states now have Web sites where you can search for resident agents, but finding these sites can be a chore in itself. Resident Agent Information, from...
- Lawyer gets a kick out of karate law
Fairfax, Va., solo David Z. Kaufman may have the only Web site devoted to martial arts law, KarateLaw.com. A sixth-degree black belt, Kaufman counsels karate instructors and students on liability, contracts and a host of related issues. He also serves as an expert witness in cases involving the...
- Bug law: Someone’s gotta do it
These lawyers know how to handle a pest....