La. R.S. § 33:4574.17 - Acadia Parish Convention and Visitors Commission; additional powers
|Cite as:||La. R.S. § 33:4574.17|
|Currency:||Current with changes through the 2018 Third Extraordinary Legislative Session|
The Acadia Parish Convention and Visitors Commission shall have the following powers necessary or convenient to effectuate its purposes:
(1) To acquire, purchase, lease, and use any property, movable or immovable, tangible or intangible, or any interest therein, subject to the applicable provisions of R.S. 33:4574.2(G).
(2) To sell, lease, transfer, or dispose of any property or interest therein owned by it and to sublease any property or interest therein leased by it.
(3) To construct, develop, maintain, and operate buildings and other facilities.
(4) To enter into contracts or cooperative endeavors for the operation or use of its properties or other purposes.
(5) To incur debt, even if those monies cannot be paid out of the revenues anticipated to be collected during the year in which the monies are borrowed, subject to the applicable provisions of R.S. 33:4574.2(G).
To continue readingFREE SIGN UP