IC 27-8-14.8-1 - 'Accident and sickness insurance policy' defined
|Cite as:||IC 27-8-14.8-1|
|Currency:||Current through P.L. 215-2018|
(a) As used in this chapter, "accident and sickness insurance policy" means an insurance policy that:
(1) provides at least one (1) of the types of insurance described in IC 27-1-5-1, Classes 1(b) and 2(a); and
(2) is issued on a group basis.
(b) "Accident and sickness insurance policy" does not include the following:
(1) Accident only, credit, dental, vision, Medicare supplement, long term care, or disability income insurance.
(2) Coverage issued as a supplement to liability insurance.
(3) Worker's compensation or similar insurance.
(4) Automobile medical payment insurance.
(5) A specified disease policy.
(6) A short term insurance plan that:
(A) may not be renewed; and
To continue readingFREE SIGN UP