31 U.S.C. § 3545 Civil Action to Recover Money

LibraryUnited States Statutes
Edition2023 Edition
CurrencyCurrent through P.L. 118-19 (published on www.congress.gov on 10/06/2023)

The Attorney General shall bring a civil action to recover an amount due to the United States Government on settlement of the account of a person accountable for public money when the person neglects or refuses to pay the amount to the Treasury. Any commission of that person and interest of 6 percent a year from the time the money is received by the person until repaid to the Treasury shall be added to the amount due on the account. The commission is forfeited when judgment is obtained.

<TABLE> <TR><TD colspan="3">HISTORICAL AND REVISION NOTES</TD> </TR> <TR> <TD>Revised Section</TD> <TD>Source (U.S. Code)</TD> <TD>Source (Statutes at Large)</TD> </TR> <TR> <TD>3545</TD> <TD>31:505.</TD> <TD>R.S. §3624.</TD> </TR> </TABLE>

To continue reading

Request your trial

VLEX uses login cookies to provide you with a better browsing experience. If you click on 'Accept' or continue browsing this site we consider that you accept our cookie policy. ACCEPT