42 U.S.C. § 4371 - Congressional findings, declarations, and purposes
|Cite as:||42 U.S.C. § 4371|
|Currency:||Current through P.L. 116-135 (03/26/2020)|
(a) The Congress finds-
(1) that man has caused changes in the environment;
(2) that many of these changes may affect the relationship between man and his environment; and
(3) that population increases and urban concentration contribute directly to pollution and the degradation of our environment.
(1) The Congress declares that there is a national policy for the environment which provides for the enhancement of environmental quality. This policy is evidenced by statutes heretofore enacted relating to the prevention, abatement, and control of environmental pollution, water and land resources, transportation, and economic and regional development.
(2) The primary responsibility for implementing this policy rests with State and local government.
(3) The Federal Government encourages and supports implementation of this policy through appropriate regional organizations established under existing law.
(c) The purposes of this chapter are-
(1) to assure that each Federal department and agency conducting or supporting public works activities which affect the environment shall implement the policies established under existing law; and
To continue readingFREE SIGN UP