La. R.S. § 56:495 - Defining inside and outside waters
|Cite as:||La. R.S. § 56:495|
|Currency:||Current with changes through the 2018 Third Extraordinary Legislative Session|
A. Solely for the purpose of this Subpart, the shrimping waters of the state are divided into two classes, inside and outside waters. The line of demarcation of the classes of water shall commence at the coastal boundary between Texas and Louisiana and terminate at the coastal boundary between Mississippi and Louisiana and is more particularly described as follows, to wit:
(1) Beginning at a point on the state line between Texas and Louisiana from "Texas Point", approx. lat. 29Â°41'00" N. and long. 93Â°50'15" W.
(2) Thence approx. N. 23Â°16' E., approx. 4000' to the southeast point of land of the Sabine Pass (Louisiana Point), lat. 29Â°41'42" N. long. 93Â°50'03" W.
(3) Thence in an easterly direction along the shoreline to the southwest point of land of Calcasieu Pass, approx. lat. 29Â°45'44" N. long. 93Â°20'45" W.
(4) [Thence N. 45Â°12' E. for approximately 1500' to the southeast point of land of Calcasieu Pass, lat. 29Â°45'48" N. long. 93Â°20'30" W.] Thence north for approximately 2.37 nautical miles along the western shore of the Calcasieu Ship Channel at lat. 29o 48' 06" N. long. 93Â° 20' 54" W.
(4.1) Thence east to the point of land on the Calcasieu Ship Channel on the north side of the old river channel at lat. 29Â° 48' 05" N. long. 93Â° 20' 41" W.
(4.2) Thence following the eastern shore of the old river channel back around to the Calcasieu Ship Channel thence south along the eastern shore of the Calcasieu Ship Channel to the most southern point of land at lat. 29Â° 45' 43" N. long. 93Â° 20' 33" W.
(5) Thence easterly along shore to the most southwesterly point of land, lat. 29Â°45'30" N. long. 93Â°07'30" W. at the mouth of the Mermentau River.
(6) Thence S. 78Â°15' E. for approx. 4000' to a point of land at lat. 29Â°45'21" N. long. 93Â°06'15" W. on the southeast side of the mouth of the Mermentau River.
(7) Thence along the shore to a point of land on the southwest side of Southwest Pass, lat. 29Â°35'15" N. long. 92Â°02'32" W.
(8) Thence S. 65Â°45' E. to Lighthouse Point on the southeast side of Southwest Pass and the most westerly point of Marsh Island, lat. 29Â°34'39" N., long. 92Â°02'06" W.
(9) Thence along south shoreline to a point of land on the southeast side of Marsh Island known as South Point, lat. 29Â°29'15" N. long. 91Â°45'48" W.
(10) Thence S. 74Â° 10' E. for approximately 52,786' to a platform at lat. 29Â°26'54" N. long. 91Â°36'13" W.
(11) Thence S. 68Â°19" E. for approximately 57,515' to Eugene Island lat. 29Â°22'20" N. long. 91Â°23'03" W.
(12) Thence S. 35Â°05' E. for approx. 16,000' to the most westerly point of land on Pointe Au Fer Island, known as Pointe Au Fer, approx. lat. 29Â°19'59" N. long. 91Â°21'09" W.
(13) Thence along the south shoreline to a point of land on the southwest side of the mouth of Oyster Bayou, lat. 29Â°13'12'' N. long. 91Â°07'53" W.
(14) Thence E. for approx. 1,000' to the point on the southeast shore of Oyster Bayou, lat. 29Â°13'12" N. long. 91Â° 07'48" W.
(15) Thence along the south shore to a most southeasterly point of land on the west side of Bayou DeWest, lat. 29Â°11'01" N. long. 91Â°03'41" W.
(16) Thence N. 80Â° E. for approx. 7,427' to the most southerly point of land on Pelican Island, lat. 29Â°11'13" N. long. 91Â°02'19" W.
(17) Thence S. 81Â° E. for approx. 3,122' to the most southerly point of an island between Pelican Pass and Taylors Bayou, lat. 29Â°11'09" N. long. 91Â°01'44" W.
(18) Thence S. 45Â° E. for approximately 3,707' to a point of land on the southeast side of the mouth of Taylors Bayou, lat. 29Â°10'43" N. long. 91Â°01'14" W.
(19) Thence S. 68Â° E. for approx. 3,286' to the most southeasterly point of land at the mouth of Jack Stout Bayou, lat. 29Â°10'31" N. long. 91Â°00'39" W.
(20) Thence along the south shoreline to a pipeline sign on the most easterly point of land on the west side of the mouth of Grand Bayou du Large, lat. 29Â°11'01" N. long. 90Â°57'49" W.
(21) Thence N. 80Â°07' E. for approximately 3,510' to a point at the mouth of Fish Bayou, lat. 29Â°10'55" N. long. 90Â°57'10" W.
(22) Thence in a southeast direction along the shoreline to the southeasterly most point on the west shore of Bayou Grand Caillou lat. 29Â°10'27" N. long. 90Â°56'39" W.
(23) Thence S. 64Â°50' E. approximately 2,387' to the easterly side of Bayou Grand Caillou lat. 29Â°10'16" N. long. 90Â°56'14" W.
(24) Thence in a southeast direction along the northeast shore of Caillou Bay to a most westerly point of land on the north side of Grand Pas Des Ilettes, lat. 29Â°07'02" N. long. 90Â°52'50" W.
(25) Thence S. 36Â° E., for approx. 3,000' to the most westerly point of land on the south side of Grand Pas Des Ilettes, lat. 29Â°06'30" N. long. 90Â°52'43" W.
To continue readingFREE SIGN UP