C.R.S § 13-90.5-102 - Definitions
|Cite as:||C.R.S § 13-90.5-102|
|Currency:||Current through Chapter 240 of the 2018 Legislative Session (with the exception of Chapter 233)|
As used in this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Foreign jurisdiction" means a state other than this state.
(2) "Foreign subpoena" means a subpoena issued under authority of a court of record of a foreign jurisdiction.
(3) "Person" means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, public corporation, government, or governmental subdivision, agency or instrumentality, or any other legal or commercial entity.
(4) "State" means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, a federally recognized Indian tribe, or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
(5) "Subpoena" means a document, however denominated, issued under authority of a court of record requiring a person to:
(a) Attend and give testimony at a deposition;
(b) Produce and permit inspection and copying of designated books, documents, records, electronically stored information, or tangible things in the possession, custody, or control of the person; or
(c) Permit inspection of premises under the control of the person.
To continue readingFREE SIGN UP