C.R.S § 18-17-103 - Definitions
|Cite as:||C.R.S § 18-17-103|
|Currency:||Current through Chapter 307 of the 2020 Legislative Session|
As used in this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Documentary material" means any book, paper, document, writing, drawing, graph, chart, photograph, phonorecord, magnetic tape, computer printout, other data compilation from which information can be obtained or from which information can be translated into usable form, or other functionally similar tangible item.
(2) "Enterprise" means any individual, sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, trust, or other legal entity or any chartered union, association, or group of individuals, associated in fact although not a legal entity, and shall include illicit as well as licit enterprises and governmental as well as other entities.
(3) "Pattern of racketeering activity" means engaging in at least two acts of racketeering activity which are related to the conduct of the enterprise, if at least one of such acts occurred in this state after July 1, 1981, and if the last of such acts occurred within ten years (excluding any period of imprisonment) after a prior act of racketeering activity.
(4) "Person" means any individual or entity holding or capable of holding a legal or beneficial interest in property.
(5) "Racketeering activity" means to commit, to attempt to commit, to conspire to commit, or to solicit, coerce, or intimidate another person to commit:
(a) Any conduct defined as "racketeering activity" under 18 U.S.C. 1961(1) (A), (1) (B), (1) (C), and (1) (D); or
(b) Any violation of the following provisions of the Colorado statutes or any criminal act committed in any jurisdiction of the United States which, if committed in this state, would be a crime under the following provisions of the Colorado statutes:
(I) Offenses against the person, as defined in sections 18-3-102 (first degree murder), 18-3-103 (second degree murder), 18-3-104 (manslaughter) , 18-3-202 (first degree assault), 18-3-203 (second degree assault), 18-3-204 (third degree assault), 18-3-206 (menacing) , 18-3-207 (criminal extortion), 18-3-301 (first degree kidnapping), 18-3-302 (second degree kidnapping), 18-3-503 (human trafficking for involuntary servitude), and 18-3-504 (human trafficking for sexual servitude);
(II) Offenses against property, as defined in sections 18-4-102 (first degree arson), 18-4-103 (second degree arson), 18-4-104 (third degree arson), 18-4-105 (fourth degree arson), 18-4-202 (first degree burglary), 18-4-203 (second degree burglary), 18-4-301 (robbery) , 18-4-302 (aggravated robbery), 18-4-303 (aggravated robbery of controlled substances), 18-4-401 (theft) , 18-4-409 (aggravated motor vehicle theft), and 18-4-501 (criminal mischief);
To continue readingFREE SIGN UP