42 Pa.C.S. § 1725 - Establishment of fees and charges
|Cite as:||42 Pa.C.S. § 1725|
|Currency:||Current through P.A. Acts 2019-72|
(a)Repealed by 1992, Dec. 14, P.L. 872, No. 140, § 5, effective in 60 days.
(b)Repealed by 1992, Dec. 14, P.L. 872, No. 140, § 5, effective in 60 days.
(c) Counties of the first class.--
(6)(i) In counties of the first class, there shall be charged and set apart by the officers receiving the fees fixed under this section an amount equal to 20% of the filing fees at the time in effect for the probate of wills, the issue of letters testamentary, the issue of letters of administration and the filing of accounts with the register of wills, the filing of accounts of trustees and guardians, and of all filings in the office of the prothonotary of the court of common pleas of the county.
(ii) The provisions of this paragraph shall not apply to any actions taken or initiated by any political subdivision.
(iii) The funds set aside shall be remitted monthly to the First Judicial District and deposited into a family court facility fund, which is to be established and used by the First Judicial District to fund the lease, purchase and maintenance of appropriate family court facilities and for related purposes.
(d) Counties of the second class.--In counties of the second class, the prothonotary and the clerk of the orphans' court division shall set apart from the fees fixed in this subsection or under any other statute and collected by them on the following actions, proceedings and appeals and remit monthly the total collected to the county treasurer for the exclusive use and benefit of the public law library in the county:
(1) The sum of $1 for appeals to the court of common pleas from any administrative agency, independent agency, government unit, government agency or Commonwealth agency.
(2) The sum of $1 for appeals that are filed with or are to be heard by the court of common pleas which appeals are not specifically set forth in paragraph (1), including, but not limited to, appeals from magisterial district judges, the Pittsburgh Magistrates Court and the Traffic Court of Pittsburgh.
(3) The sum of $1 for appointments of Boards of View.
(4) The sum of $1 for certiorari to magisterial district judges and the Pittsburgh Magistrates Court and the Traffic Court of Pittsburgh.
(5) The sum of $1 for the commencement of a civil action or proceeding.
(6) The sum of $1 for the filing of a praecipe for and issuance of a writ of execution or attachment.
(7) The sum of $1 for the entry of a judgment by confession or otherwise.
(8) The sum of $1 for the filing of adversary and amicable scire facias proceedings.
To continue readingFREE SIGN UP