41 U.S.C. § 1303 - Functions and authority
|Cite as:||41 U.S.C. § 1303|
|Currency:||Current through P.L. 116-135 (03/26/2020)|
(1) ISSUE AND MAINTAIN FEDERAL ACQUISITION REGULATION.-Subject to sections 1121, 1122(a) to (c)(1), 1125, 1126, 1130, 1131, and 2305 of this title, the Administrator of General Services, the Secretary of Defense, and the Administrator of National Aeronautics and Space, pursuant to their respective authorities under division C of this subtitle, chapters 4 and 137 of title 10, and the National Aeronautics and Space Act of 1958 ( 42 U.S.C. 2451 et seq.),1 shall jointly issue and maintain in accordance with subsection (d) a single Government-wide procurement regulation, to be known as the Federal Acquisition Regulation.
(2) LIMITATION ON OTHER REGULATIONS.-Other regulations relating to procurement issued by an executive agency shall be limited to-
(A) regulations essential to implement Government-wide policies and procedures within the agency; and
(B) additional policies and procedures required to satisfy the specific and unique needs of the agency.
(3) ENSURE CONSISTENT REGULATIONS.-The Administrator, in consultation with the Council, shall ensure that procurement regulations prescribed by executive agencies are consistent with the Federal Acquisition Regulation and in accordance with the policies prescribed pursuant to section 1121(b) of this title.
(4) REQUEST TO REVIEW REGULATION.-
(A) BASIS FOR REQUEST.-Under procedures the Administrator establishes, a person may request the Administrator to review a regulation relating to procurement on the basis that the regulation is inconsistent with the Federal Acquisition Regulation.
(B) PERIOD OF REVIEW.-Unless the request is frivolous or does not, on its face, state a valid basis for the review, the Administrator shall complete the review not later than 60 days after receiving the request. The time for completion of the review may be extended if the Administrator determines that an additional period of review is required. The Administrator shall advise the requester of the reasons for the extension and the date by which the review will be completed.
(5) WHEN REGULATION IS INCONSISTENT OR NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED.-If the Administrator determines that a regulation relating to procurement is inconsistent with the Federal Acquisition Regulation or that the regulation otherwise should be revised to remove an inconsistency with the policies prescribed under section 1121(b) of this title, the Administrator shall rescind or deny the promulgation of the regulation or take other action authorized under sections 1121, 1122(a) to (c)(1), 1125, 1126, 1130, 1131, and 2305 of this title as may be necessary to remove the inconsistency. If the Administrator determines that the regulation, although not inconsistent with the Federal Acquisition Regulation or those policies, should be revised to improve compliance with the Regulation or policies, the Administrator shall take action authorized under sections 1121, 1122(a) to (c)(1), 1125, 1126, 1130, 1131, and 2305 as may be necessary and appropriate.
To continue readingFREE SIGN UP