The President shall establish a program under this subchapter (to be implemented by the Administrator) to provide agricultural commodities to foreign countries on behalf of the people of the United States to-
(1) address famine and food crises, and respond to emergency food needs, arising from man-made and natural disasters;
(2) combat malnutrition, especially in children and mothers;
(3) carry out activities that attempt to alleviate the causes of hunger, mortality and morbidity;
(4) promote economic and community development;
(5) promote food security and support sound environmental practices;
(6) carry out feeding programs; and
(7) build resilience to mitigate and prevent food crises and reduce the future need for emergency aid.