42 U.S.C. § 6315 - Labeling
|Cite as:||42 U.S.C. § 6315|
|Currency:||Current through P.L. 116-135 (03/26/2020)|
(a) Prescription by Secretary
If the Secretary has prescribed test procedures under section 6314 of this title for any class of covered equipment, he shall prescribe a labeling rule applicable to such class of covered equipment in accordance with the following provisions of this section.
(b) Disclosure of energy efficiency of articles of covered equipment
A labeling rule prescribed in accordance with this section shall require that each article of covered equipment which is in the type (or class) of industrial equipment to which such rule applies, discloses by label, the energy efficiency of such article, determined in accordance with test procedures under section 6314 of this title. Such rule may also require that such disclosure include the estimated operating costs and energy use, determined in accordance with test procedures under section 6314 of this title.
(c) Inclusion of requirements
A rule prescribed in accordance with this section shall include such requirements as the Secretary determines are likely to assist purchasers in making purchasing decisions, including-
(1) requirements and directions for display of any label,
(2) requirements for including on any label, or separately attaching to, or shipping with, the covered equipment, such additional information relating to energy efficiency, energy use, and other measures of energy consumption, including instructions for the maintenance, use, or repair of the covered equipment, as the Secretary determines necessary to provide adequate information to purchasers, and
(3) requirements that printed matter which is displayed or distributed at the point of sale of such equipment shall disclose such information as may be required under this section to be disclosed on the label of such equipment.
(d) Labeling rules applicable to electric motors
Subject to subsection (h), not later than 12 months after the Secretary establishes test procedures for electric motors under section 6314 of this title, the Secretary shall prescribe labeling rules under this section applicable to electric motors taking into consideration NEMA Standards Publication MG1-1987. Such rules shall provide that the labeling of any electric motor manufactured after the 12-month period beginning on the date the Secretary prescribes such labeling rules, shall-
(1) indicate the energy efficiency of the motor on the permanent nameplate attached to such motor;
(2) prominently display the energy efficiency of the motor in equipment catalogs and other material used to market the equipment; and
To continue readingFREE SIGN UP