§ 19. Local or special laws
|Currency:||As amended through November 6, 2018|
No local or special laws shall be enacted in any of the following cases, that is to say:
1. Granting divorces.
2. Locating or changing county seats.
3. Changing rules of evidence.
4. Changing the law of descent or succession.
5. Regulating the practice of courts of justice.
6. Limitation of civil actions or giving effect to informal or invalid deeds.
7. Punishment of crimes and misdemeanors.
8. Laying out, opening, altering, or vacating roads, plats, streets, alleys, and public squares.
9. Assessment and collection of taxes.
10. Regulating the rate of interest on money.
11. The conduct of elections.
To continue readingFREE SIGN UP