18 U.S.C. § 2332g - Missile systems designed to destroy aircraft
|Cite as:||18 U.S.C. § 2332g|
|Currency:||Current through P.L. 116-135 (03/26/2020)|
(a) UNLAWFUL CONDUCT.-
(1) IN GENERAL.-Except as provided in paragraph (3), it shall be unlawful for any person to knowingly produce, construct, otherwise acquire, transfer directly or indirectly, receive, possess, import, export, or use, or possess and threaten to use-
(A) an explosive or incendiary rocket or missile that is guided by any system designed to enable the rocket or missile to-
(i) seek or proceed toward energy radiated or reflected from an aircraft or toward an image locating an aircraft; or
(ii) otherwise direct or guide the rocket or missile to an aircraft;
(B) any device designed or intended to launch or guide a rocket or missile described in subparagraph (A); or
(C) any part or combination of parts designed or redesigned for use in assembling or fabricating a rocket, missile, or device described in subparagraph (A) or (B).
(2) NONWEAPON.-Paragraph (1)(A) does not apply to any device that is neither designed nor redesigned for use as a weapon.
(3) EXCLUDED CONDUCT.-This subsection does not apply with respect to-
(A) conduct by or under the authority of the United States or any department or agency thereof or of a State or any department or agency thereof; or
(B) conduct pursuant to the terms of a contract with the United States or any department or agency thereof or with a State or any department or agency thereof.
(b) JURISDICTION.-Conduct prohibited by subsection (a) is within the jurisdiction of the United States if-
(1) the offense occurs in or affects interstate or foreign commerce;
(2) the offense occurs outside of the United States and is committed by a national of the United States;
To continue readingFREE SIGN UP