47 U.S.C. § 399b - Offering of certain services, facilities, or products by public broadcast station
|Cite as:||47 U.S.C. § 399b|
|Currency:||Current through P.L. 116-135 (03/26/2020)|
(a) "Advertisement" defined
For purposes of this section, the term "advertisement" means any message or other programming material which is broadcast or otherwise transmitted in exchange for any remuneration, and which is intended-
(1) to promote any service, facility, or product offered by any person who is engaged in such offering for profit;
(2) to express the views of any person with respect to any matter of public importance or interest; or
(3) to support or oppose any candidate for political office.
(b) Offering of services, facilities, or products permitted; advertisements prohibited
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), each public broadcast station shall be authorized to engage in the offering of services, facilities, or products in exchange for remuneration.
(2) No public broadcast station may make its facilities available to any person for the broadcasting of any advertisement.
(c) Use of funds from offering services, etc.
To continue readingFREE SIGN UP