30 U.S.C. § 1292 - Other Federal laws
|Cite as:||30 U.S.C. § 1292|
|Currency:||Current through P.L. 116-158 (08/14/2020)|
(a) Construction of chapter as superseding, amending, modifying, or repealing certain laws
Nothing in this chapter shall be construed as superseding, amending, modifying, or repealing the Mining and Minerals Policy Act of 1970 ( <codecitation statecd="US" datatype="S" title="30" catchline="National mining and minerals policy; "minerals" defined; execution of policy under other authorized programs">30 U.S.C. 21a</codecitation> ), the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 ( 42 U.S.C. 4321-47 ), or any of the following Acts or with any rule or regulation promulgated thereunder, including, but not limited to-</para>
(1) The Federal Metal and Nonmetallic Mine Safety Act ( 30 U.S.C. 721-740 ).
(2) The Federal Coal Mine Health and Safety Act of 1969 (83 Stat. 742) [ 30 U.S.C. 801 et seq.].
(3) The Federal Water Pollution Control Act (79 Stat. 903), as amended [ 33 U.S.C. 1251 et seq.], the State laws enacted pursuant thereto, or other Federal laws relating to preservation of water quality.
(4) The Clean Air Act, as amended [ 42 U.S.C. 7401 et seq.].
(5) The Solid Waste Disposal Act [ 42 U.S.C. 6901 et seq.].
(6) The Refuse Act of 1899 ( 33 U.S.C. 407 ).
(7) The Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act of 1934 ( 16 U.S.C. 661-666c ).
(8) The Mineral Leasing Act of 1920, as amended ( 30 U.S.C. 181 et seq.).
(b) Effect on authority of Secretary or heads of other Federal agencies
Nothing in this chapter shall affect in any way the authority of the Secretary or the heads of other Federal agencies under other provisions of law to include in any lease, license, permit, contract, or other instrument such conditions as may be appropriate to regulate surface coal mining and reclamation operations on land under their jurisdiction.
To the greatest extent practicable each Federal agency shall cooperate with the Secretary and the States in carrying out the provisions of this chapter.
(d) Major Federal action
Approval of the State programs, pursuant to section 1253(b) of this title, promulgation of Federal programs, pursuant to section 1254 of this title, and implementation of the Federal lands programs, pursuant to section 1273 of this title, shall not constitute a major action within the meaning of section 102(2)(C) of the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 ( 42 U.S.C. 4332 ). Adoption of regulations under section 1251(b) of this title shall constitute a major action within the meaning of section 102(2)(C) of the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 ( 42 U.S.C. 4332 ).
To continue readingFREE SIGN UP