42 U.S.C. § 5153 - Priority to certain applications for public facility and public housing assistance
|Cite as:||42 U.S.C. § 5153|
|Currency:||Current through P.L. 116-135 (03/26/2020)|
In the processing of applications for assistance, priority and immediate consideration shall be given by the head of the appropriate Federal agency, during such period as the President shall prescribe, to applications from public bodies situated in areas affected by major disasters under the following Acts:
(1) The United States Housing Act of 1937 [ 42 U.S.C. 1437 et seq.] for the provision of low-income housing.
(2) Sections 3502 to 3505 of title 40 for assistance in public works planning.
(3) The Community Development Block Grant Program under title I of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974 [ 42 U.S.C. 5301 et seq.].
(4) Section 1926 of title 7.
(5) The Public Works and Economic Development Act of 1965 [ 42 U.S.C. 3121 et seq.].
(6) Subtitle IV of title 40.
(7) The Federal Water Pollution Control Act [ 33 U.S.C. 1251 et seq.].
(b) Obligation of certain discretionary funds
In the obligation of discretionary funds or funds which are not allocated among the States or political subdivisions of a State, the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development and the Secretary of Commerce shall give priority to applications for projects for major disaster areas.
To continue readingFREE SIGN UP