12 U.S.C. § 5101 - Purposes and methods for establishing a mortgage licensing system and registry
|Cite as:||12 U.S.C. § 5101|
|Currency:||Current through P.L. 116-135 (03/26/2020)|
In order to increase uniformity, reduce regulatory burden, enhance consumer protection, and reduce fraud, the States, through the Conference of State Bank Supervisors and the American Association of Residential Mortgage Regulators, are hereby encouraged to establish a Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry for the residential mortgage industry that accomplishes all of the following objectives:
(1) Provides uniform license applications and reporting requirements for State-licensed loan originators.
(2) Provides a comprehensive licensing and supervisory database.
(3) Aggregates and improves the flow of information to and between regulators.
(4) Provides increased accountability and tracking of loan originators.
(5) Streamlines the licensing process and reduces the regulatory burden.
(6) Enhances consumer protections and supports anti-fraud measures.
(7) Provides consumers with easily accessible information, offered at no charge, utilizing electronic media, including the Internet, regarding the employment history of, and publicly adjudicated disciplinary and enforcement actions against, loan originators.
To continue readingFREE SIGN UP