46 U.S.C. 70034 - Regulations
|Cite as:||46 U.S.C. 70034|
|Currency:||Current through P.L. 116-65 (10/09/2019)|
(a) IN GENERAL.-In accordance with section 553 of title 5, the Secretary shall issue, and may from time to time amend or repeal, regulations necessary to implement subchapters A through C 1 and this subchapter.
(b) CONSULTATION.-In the exercise of the regulatory authority under subchapters A through C 1 and this subchapter, the Secretary shall consult with, and receive and consider the views of all interested persons, including-
(1) interested Federal departments and agencies;
(2) officials of State and local governments;
(3) representatives of the maritime community;
(4) representatives of port and harbor authorities or associations;
(5) representatives of environmental groups;
(6) any other interested persons who are knowledgeable or experienced in dealing with problems involving vessel safety, port and waterways safety, and protection of the marine environment; and
(7) advisory committees consisting of all interested segments of the public when the establishment of such committees is considered necessary because the issues involved are highly complex or controversial.
To continue readingFREE SIGN UP