42 U.S.C. § 11131 - Requiring reports on medical malpractice payments
|Cite as:||42 U.S.C. § 11131|
|Currency:||Current through P.L. 116-135 (03/26/2020)|
(a) In general
Each entity (including an insurance company) which makes payment under a policy of insurance, self-insurance, or otherwise in settlement (or partial settlement) of, or in satisfaction of a judgment in, a medical malpractice action or claim shall report, in accordance with section 11134 of this title, information respecting the payment and circumstances thereof.
(b) Information to be reported
The information to be reported under subsection (a) includes-
(1) the name of any physician or licensed health care practitioner for whose benefit the payment is made,
(2) the amount of the payment,
(3) the name (if known) of any hospital with which the physician or practitioner is affiliated or associated,
(4) a description of the acts or omissions and injuries or illnesses upon which the action or claim was based, and
(5) such other information as the Secretary determines is required for appropriate interpretation of information reported under this section.
To continue readingFREE SIGN UP