§ X. TRANSITION
|Currency:||Current through 11/7/2017|
Paragraph I. Effect of ratification. On the effective date of this article:
(1) Superior courts shall continue as superior courts.
(2) State courts shall continue as state courts.
(3) Probate courts shall continue as probate courts.
(4) Juvenile courts shall continue as juvenile courts.
(5) Municipal courts not otherwise named herein, of whatever name, shall continue as and be denominated municipal courts, except that the City Court of Atlanta shall retain its name. Such municipal courts, county recorder's courts, the Civil Courts of Richmond and Bibb counties, and administrative agencies having quasi-judicial powers shall continue with the same jurisdiction as such courts and agencies have on the effective date of this article until otherwise provided by law.
(6) Justice of the peace courts, small claims courts, and magistrate courts operating on the effective date of this Constitution and the County Court of Echols County shall become and be classified as magistrate courts. The County Court of Baldwin County and the County Court of Putnam County shall become and be classified as state courts, with the same jurisdiction and powers as other state courts.
To continue readingFREE SIGN UP